28 Mar Hearty Chicken Soup
- 1 Brown Onion (diced)
- 4 stalks Celery (diced)
- 3 Carrots (medium, chopped)
- 2 Zucchini’s
- 1 handful of shredded kale
- 1 tbsp Rosemary (fresh)
- 220 grams Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 450 grams Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups Water (or broth)
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hrs.
- Once chicken is cooked through, transfer it to a large bowl and shred it with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot and let it soak for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve sprinkle shredded kale on top
Add chopped potatoes or cooked rice/pasta and or peas. You can also mix in raw pasta about 15 minutes before serving.Leftovers
Refrigerate in an air-tight container up to 3-4 days or freeze up to 6 months. Omit pasta and potatoes if you plan to freeze.
And as I always say, “cook once, eat twice.”…make a pot big enough to enjoy tomorrow, the next day or next week.