6 Garlic (cloves, peeled and trimmed)
1/2 Brown Onion (large, roughly chopped)
1/2 head Cauliflower (sliced into florets)
1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
2 tsps Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
4 cups Kale Leaves (packed)
2 cups Organic Vegetable Broth (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the garlic cloves, onion and cauliflower on the baking sheet. Drizzle with half of the olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt. Using your hand or a spatula, toss until vegetables are evenly coated in the spices. Roast for about 40 minutes or until very tender and caramelised, flipping halfway through.
- When vegetables are just about done, heat remaining olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the kale and 1/2 of the vegetable broth to the pot and cover. Let steam for 2 minutes, or until kale is wilted and tender.
- Add the roasted vegetables and remaining vegetable stock in with the wilted kale. Bring soup to a gentle boil then remove from heat.
- Puree soup in batches in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serve it With
An extra drizzle of olive oil, fresh herbs or a pinch of red chili flakes.
If soup is too thick in consistency, use water or more stock (1/2 cup at a time) to thin until desired consistency is reached.