What does a Nutritionist Do?
If you’re seeking to be your healthiest and most vibrant self, it’s for you!
Some of the health issues my clients seek advice for, include:
- Weight loss
- Poor digestion and food intolerances
- Managing menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes
- Stress and anxiety
- Thyroid issues such as low thyroid function
- Autoimmune conditions
- Management of chronic conditions
How will a Nutritionist help me?
When you come for an appointment here, you can feel sure that you’ll work with a qualified nutritionist who will:
- Work with you to identify the root cause of any underlying health concerns
- Leave no stone unturned, thorough review of you and your current health
- Review and analyse any relevant test results
- Recommend further test if necessary
- Educate you about your health
- Provide you with dietary advice and design personalised meal plans
- Is able to prescribe clinically trialed, practitioner-only nutritional supplements to support your optimal health
- Offer evidence-based treatment plans
- Help you prevent or manage chronic disease
- Support you as you achieve your health goals and maintain optimal health
What’s the difference between Nutritionists and Dieticians?
Nutritionists and dieticians both practice evidence-based medicine and hold the same overarching vision – better health and wellbeing for all.
Dieticians treat a range of medical conditions, through nutritional therapy, translating dietary information into calorie-controlled diet plans for clients, to address his or her health goals. Dieticians will often treat fussy eaters or eating disorders.
Nutritionists draw on a holistic approach to healing which takes into account the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Nutritionists primarily manage the incidence of preventable lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, with diet and lifestyle modifications. Nutritionists will tailor nutrient-dense dietary plans, focusing on macro’s (protein, carbohydrates, and fat) for each individual. Nutritionists can also prescribe nutrients, minerals and vitamins and refer clients for pathology testing and / or functional lab testing, such as; hormone testing (thyroid, cortisol, etc.), neurotransmitters, GUT micro biome, DNA, Omega3, etc.